What Does It Mean To Be A Member?
With the Ponoka Rising Sun Clubhouse being Member-Operated, we as a whole focus on a “Work-Order” day in which it is an expectation that we all work together with in the many areas of our Clubhouse. The staff are here to assist the membership in carrying out activities in living skills, employment training, social and recreation.
We, as the membership of the Ponoka Rising Sun Clubhouse participate in providing a supportive, accepting and resourceful environment where each of us are encouraged and welcome.
Schedule An Intake Appointment To Become A Member
- Membership is voluntary and without time limits.
- The clubhouse has control over its acceptance of new members. Membership is open to anyone with a history of mental illness, unless that person poses a current threat to the general safety of the Clubhouse community.
- Members choose the way they utilize the Clubhouse. There are no agreement, contracts, schedules, or rules intended to enforce participation of members.
- All members have equal access to every Clubhouse opportunity with no differentiation based in diagnosis or level of functioning.
- Members at their choice are involved in the writing of all records reflecting their participation in the clubhouse. All such records are to be signed by both member and staff.
- Members have a right to immediate re-entry into the Clubhouse community after any length of absence, unless their return poses a threat to the Clubhouse community.
- The Clubhouse provides an effective reach out system to members who are not attending, becoming isolated in the community or hospitalized.
- Confidentiality is expected at all times with a ZERO tolerance.
- No one under the influence or in possession of illicit drugs and or alcohol are to be on the premises.
- You are always encouraged to be respectful of others and the clubhouse environment.
- Physical or verbal threats, fighting, pushing, swearing, shouting, throwing objects, sexual harassment, acting out, are considered unacceptable behaviours.
- Proper telephone etiquette is expected. Limit your length of calls, remember this is a business not a personal line. No long-distance phone calls allowed. Collect calls may be made with authorization given by staff.
- We will all provide a clean, comfortable and safe environment.
- As a safety/fire precaution and in consideration of other members clean up after yourself, (wash your own cup, wipe up spills of food, drinks, put butts in proper cans outside).
- “BUMMING” is defined as: aggressive or intrusive behaviour towards another individual for personal gain (cigarettes, money). Infringing on other people's rights when they have already said NO!!
- The clubhouse operates on the “Honour System”
- Members are responsible for reporting rude infractions to staff as soon as possible, when at the clubhouse. In the case of staff direct concerns, report to the Executive Director.
- Any infringement of these guidelines will be addressed by staff. If further action is needed it will be taken to the Conduct Committee. (refer to Corrective Action/Consequences).